Mission and Philosophy
The International Society for Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE) provides a forum for the discussion of problems unique to the study of health and the environment. With membership open to environmental epidemiologists and other scientists worldwide, ISEE provides a variety of forums for discussions, critical reviews, collaborations and education on issues of environmental exposures and their human health effects. These include annual meetings, newsletters, workshops and liaisons with academic, governmental, inter-governmental, non-profit and business institutions.
To foster epidemiological studies on the effects of environmental exposures in people, stimulate communication between health professionals, promote methodological advances, and strengthen environmental health policy. ISEE encourages and supports the following:
- Epidemiological studies on the health effects of environmental exposures
- Communication among epidemiologists, toxicologists, exposure analysts, and other environmental scientists and moral philosophers worldwide
- Innovative approaches to substantive or methodologic problems and applications of environmental epidemiology
- The use of environmental epidemiology to inform public policy
- Involvement of scientists from developing countries in ISEE activities, reduced dues for members from developing countries and establishment of regional ISEE chapters throughout the developing world.