LMIC Best Abstract Award
This is an award for the best abstract from researchers from low and medium-income countries submitted for the ISEE annual conference. One award will be given in each Chapter of Africa, Asia and Western Pacific, the Eastern Mediterranean, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- ISEE members with more than 5 years of having completed a terminal degree (Masters or Doctoral degrees)
- First author of a submitted abstract (including symposium abstract) for ISEE annual conference
- Residents of qualifying LMIC countries
Criteria for award
- Work is carried out in challenging area of research, requiring skills such as obtaining and processing new or hard to access data in the Chapter region
- Analysis based on data from the Chapter region
- The abstract is of good scientific quality
Recipients will receive an award certificate, 3 years ISEE LMIC membership fees and virtual conference registration fee. The award will be presented at the annual conference. It does not carry financial support to attend in-person.
Awardees may choose to attend in-person meetings or apply for other travel grants. Recipient of a separate travel grant that covers registration fees will not receive the conference registration fees paid by this award.
How to apply
Please check instructions when submitting abstract for ISEE conference.
See the 2022 Award Winners here.