ISEE Civic Engagement Officer Job OpportunityThe candidate will have demonstrated skills in science communication, project management and organization of high-level events. They will work closely with the ISEE policy committee and be involved in all policy-relevant initiatives organized. The ideal candidate will have an excellent command of English, be a good organizer and communicator, and will have demonstrable administrative and communication experience. The civic engagement officer will be involved in supporting the work of the ISEE policy committee and coordinating the communication strategy of their initiatives, with the possibility of expansion to other committees’ work. They will also assist the publication process of articles and papers, and their dissemination on different media outlets. Interest in and experience with journalism, public health policy, public relations and science communication are a plus yet not essential. They will be co-supervised by two members of the ISEE Policy Committee and mentored by an SNRN member.
● Contribute to the development of a communication and civic engagement strategy for ISEE
● Help organize policy-related events during the annual ISEE conference
● Promote ISEE work internally (newsletter, twitter…)
● Liaise with the communications committee and Secretariat
● Build a coherent, easy, and sustainable system to post and advertise volunteering opportunities and coordinate the hiring efforts
Click here to learn more.