New Funding Opportunity: Supporting Publication Costs!Recognizing the need to support up and coming work from our members and the increasing cost of article publication fees, the ISEE Communications Committee is excited to announce the launch of a new pilot program that will support some of our ISEE members by providing funding for publication costs. In 2023, the committee anticipates selecting 3 awardees with financial support of up to $5,000 to cover costs related to publication of an article.
Any active student, postdoctoral researcher from any country, or early-stage investigator from a low to middle income country (LMIC) are encouraged to apply. To be eligible, the paper must not already be submitted to a journal. Additionally, the applicant must be a current and active member of ISEE as well as the first or senior author of the paper being submitted. Papers that are currently under review at journals cannot be submitted for consideration.
Applicants will be asked to submit their CV, a manuscript draft, the name of the journal the paper will be submitted to, and a statement about their work and how it relates to the ISEE mission as part of their application (approximately 1-2 paragraphs). Submissions can be made via this link (https://www.viethconsulting.com/members/form.php?orgcode=ISEE&fid=4890123). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until October 31, 2023 and will be reviewed within 2 months of submission. Please note: all available awards may be distributed before October 31.
To be eligible, applicants must:
1) Be a current and active ISEE member
2) Be a current student, post-doctoral member from any country, or an early-stage investigator from a LMIC
3) Submit a paper that has not been submitted to a journal, with the recognition that funding is contingent on the paper ultimately being accepted by a journal (papers currently under review at a journal are not eligible)
4) Funds are available for use up to 1 year after notification; however, extensions may be requested if funds have not been used within this timeframe
5) Be the first or senior author of the paper
6) Agree to acknowledge ISEE's funding support with the publication